Welcome to the Technology Education Department. The WGSS Technology Education Department has one of the largest “Tech Ed” programs in the province and is accessible to all Walnut Grove students at any grade level. We offer many courses and programs for students that are looking for hands-on experiences to enhance their learning. Learn more about our programs with our feature videos here.
- Entry to Technology Education courses is determined by prerequisites or skill level.
- Grade 8 level courses are open to all grade 8 students.
- Level 1 courses (Grade 10 credit earned) are open for all Grade 9 or 10 students.
- Level 2 courses (Grade 11 credit earned) need the Level 1 prerequisite or can be taken by any Grade 11 or 12 Student
- Grade 12 courses (Grade 12 credit earned) must have the Level 2 prerequisite before enrolling. Multiple grade 12 courses in the same program can be taken simultaneously.
**All Technology Education Department courses use special Ministry of Education course codes, therefore the names of course codes may not match with what you see on your transcripts.
Prerequisite: in Grades 10-12 or with teacher permission
This introductory course is designed for those students looking towards a future in the construction industry. The primary focus will be on the development of skills, attitude, and knowledge to be successful in the trades. Trades to be covered will be Carpentry (framing), Plumbing, Electrical, and Finishing (painting, tile work). Participation in this course will prepare students for work experience and apprenticeship opportunities. The course will serve as a strong foundation for students considering Langley School Districts’ Youth Train in Trades programs. Other trades may be covered based on student interest.