B.C. students can receive credits for successfully completing courses approved by the Ministry of Education that are offered outside of the B.C. Secondary school system.

Students must provide “evidence” they meet the criteria for the external credit, as defined by the Ministry of Education. Evidence often comes in the form of a letter or certificate provided by the sponsoring organization. Please provide documentation.

If you think you meet the criteria for an external credit course, please present a copy of the evidence to your school counsellor. It can take up to 10 school days to process external credit evaluations.

A complete list of organizations and courses eligible for external credits can be found on the Ministry of Education website.

The following are some courses used for external credit:
· Music: Royal conservatory
· Dance: Jazz, Highland, Tap Modern Theatre Dance, Ballet
· Speech & Drama: Acting, Duologue, Trinity College Drama, Effective Communications, Speech & Drama
· Sport: Athlete, Coach, Official (48+ different sports)
· Youth Development: 4H, Cadet – Air, Sea, Army, Scouts, Guides
· Industrial and Occupational: ICBC Safe Driving, Can. Private Pilot’s License, Computer Certification, Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, Worksafe First Aid, Lifesaving, Can. Power Squadron, Can. Pony Club.
· and many, many more!